In every aspect of healthcare, trusting relationships between the healthcare team and patients are essential for optimal care. In healthcare, as in all human interactions, people hold ideas and feelings about others that may involve judgment, demonstrate stigma and reflect bias, which is demonstrably harmful for all people, and more so for those who are most vulnerable in our society.
The Empathy Effect is an evidence- based program, developed by the Institute for Healthcare Communication.
- Understand premises of empathetic care
- Apply specific strategies to ensure care that builds trust with patiends
- Practice communication skills that raise patient adherence and professional satisfaction
- Presents conceptual models for effective communication and interaction
- Based on evidence based research for structured self reflection and assessment skills to bring to daily work
- Fast paced, practical and engaging activities for six essential techniques
- The workshop is offered at NO COST
- Workshop certificate upon completion